PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"My First Visit to the Movies"

Like many people of a certain age, my first trip to the movies was to see Star Wars. My father took me to the theatre,which only had one screen, the next town over. It was the Summer of 1977.

Growing up, when my brother and cousins would be playing "Star Wars", I was Princess Leia. I even went as her for Halloween one year, complete with the "doughtnut" hairdo.




Star Wars has been a cultural influence and dissected to death.


That first trip to the movies helped to foster a love of cinema, both independent and mainstream. When the new set came out, I took my dad. I didn't want to see it with anyone else.

0 comments: