PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Now What Am I Supposed to Shake it Like?


I read the news today, oh boy, Polaroid will soon cease production of what used to be the only form of "instant" photography.....duh, the Polaroid. The only Polaroid camera I every owned myself was one of the last, the I-Zone, and I was sorry to discover recently that unless I wanted to fork out premium prices plus postage for some of the few remaining I-Zone cartridges available online, I will have to be content to use up my final batch of 12 (which expired in 2005, so I'm looking forward to see what sort of spontaneous mutations transpire--part of the joy of I-Zone photography).

The news adds a bit more poignancy to the 1970s vintage Ed Sanders tune "Maple Court Tragedy", in which a pair o'bubbas compare stashes of "Polaroid spread shots", with surprising results. OK, perhaps poignancy is not the word I'm looking for here.

boomp3.com

0 comments: