PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Friday, November 30, 2007

Black History Through Magazines

Very nice collection of scans from vintage magazines depicting African-American life through the eyes of various magazines of the times.

From the author, vieilles_announces Flickr page

"These scans come from my rather large magazine collection. Instead of filling my house with old moldy magazines, I scanned them (in most cases, photographed them) and filled a storage area with moldy magazines. Now they reside on an external harddrive. I thought others might appreciate these tidbits of forgotten history.

I have no political agenda. I am simply displaying a "slice" of the Social History of people of color in the 20th century as recorded by popular periodicals."






0 comments: