PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Monday, July 30, 2007

More Posts About Tiki and Punk


Aloha, Linkdumpees. Mr. Bali Hai from Eye of the Goof here. Your heroic commanDante has graciously invited me to join the PCL team, and I'll endeavor to settle into a unique niche here that complements the already formidable talents of the other contributors.

My tastes in art, design, and drink run toward the exotic Polynesian Pop era of the 1950s and 60s, more commonly known as Tiki. Since that area's a bit under-represented here at PCL, I'll be making a few posts on the topic over the course of the week.

Musically, I like things a little rawer. Punk is my bag, and has been since 1977, when one of my best friends from high school and former bandmate, X-8, helped found one of the first xeroxed punk fanzines, fLiPSiDE. The magazine is sadly no more, a victim of record company legal shenanigans, but its memory lives on at the various websites collected on this 30-year anniversary tribute page:

X-8's 30-Years of fLiPSiDE

0 comments: