PCL LinkDump: Audio / Visual findings on a more or less regular basis.
(Most Frequent) Labels:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Gábor Kerekes


Over Roswell -2002

"The town of Roswell lies in the state of New Mexico in the United States at latitude 33.4° N and longitude 104.5° W. In 1947 locals found three dead aliens in a crashed UFO on the outskirts of the town. The FBI and the CIA kept silent and hushed up the incident. The murkiness surrounding this mysterious case has been a source of scandal and controversy ever since. ...

This sparked my imagination. Casting myself in the role of the Roswell aliens, I wondered how this place would look from space. I gave the coordinates. Slowly, square by square, the monitor was filled by the full image. What luck!
I overshot the centre of the town, ending up about 600-800 metres away from the inhabited area. A curious, exciting sight greeted my eyes. Lines, circles and squares in a geometrical, abstract arrangement of symbols. You couldn't help but think that these geometrical symbols on the surface of the Earth were intended to convey a message or information. The sight offered an exceptionally varied and almost undecodable configuration.
If I were an alien, I'd land here! ..."


Gábor Kerekes, photographer. See also his portfolios: Seventies-Eighties, Reportage-Eighties. (via wandering with the ghost)

0 comments: